-Two major leftist forces—CPN (UML) and CPN (Maoist Centre)—and Baburam Bhattarai-led Naya Shakti Nepal have announced to initiate the process to merge the parties immediately after the Parliamentary elections.
At a programme organise to announce the electoral alliance for the upcoming elections and merger of the parties at City Hall in Kathmandu on Tuesday, Home Minister and CPN (Maoist Centre) leader Janardan Sharma made public the seven-point plan on the unification of the three parties.
Here are the seven points of key agreement
- To form an eight-member party unification coordination committee with the objective to merge the three parties.
- The committee will have four members from the CPN-UML, three from CPN (Maoist Centre) and one from Naya Shakti Nepal. The committee will prepare the detailed blueprint and plan.
- To form a document drafting committee to prepare the party's policy and statute.
- To hold discussion on the party issues and not to speak derogative statements against each other in public.
- CPN-UML and CPN (Maoist Centre) to forge electoral alliance so as to share 60/40 seats in Parliament and Provincial assembly.
- To prepare a joint manifesto for the upcoming elections and form a manifesto drafting committee for the upcoming Parliamentary election.
- To call on other political forces to forge electoral alliance.