Bikas Udhyami a social innovation hub led by young Nepali professionals from different backgrounds, who share an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to seeking ways to do development differently. For its Nepal in Data Initiative, Bikas Udhyami seeks to hire 2 full-time project officers with the following responsibilities:
- Develop research methodologies and tools
- Liaise and maintain communication with various government agencies
- Review and analyse secondary data produced by government
- Develop detailed research reports
- Master Degree in Statistics, Economics or related qualification
- 2 years of on-the job experience in conducting research including developing quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, performing quantitative analysis using SPSS or STATA and writing research reports; experience working with government agencies and in project implementation.
- Knowledge of Nepal government structures;Familiarity with government data such as Census, NLSS, LFS; Knowledge of excel, Microsoft word, database and email applications; Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali; Good interpersonal skills; Punctual and with strong time management skills; Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from Bikas Udhyami management; Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter, no later than Sunday, June 25, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be informed for written exam.