Today marks the occasion of International Open Data Day- A day to promote awareness and the use of open data. One month ago, Bikas Udhyami launched Nepal in Data, an open data and statistics portal making data and statistics on Nepal from 1950 to present available, accessible and discoverable. The portal aims to serve as a single point of access from where users can access, interact with, compare and use relevant data and statistics relating to different aspects of Nepal’s development. The portal aims to serve as a single point of access from where users can access, interact with, compare and use relevant data and statistics relating to Nepal's development:
The Nepal in Data portal has the following features:
- More than 1300 datasets are divided over 12 sections covering various sectors including land and agriculture; civil society and foreign aid; economy, market and finance; infrastructure, communication and technology; state and politics; the sustainable development goals, etc.
- Users can choose from more than 400 indicators and compare different indicators with each other.
- The portal allows users to interact with and visualize their data selection in tabular, chart and map format and download and print data and statistics.
- A discussion forum structured around specific indicators allows users to initiate or join discussions on specific datasets and statistics.
- A community section with the latest news, resources to support the analysis and use of data and statistics, and practices on how development data and statistics provided through Nepal in Data are used in reality.
- An interactive timeline displays major events in Nepal’s development trajectory from 1950 till present.
Support us in opening up data and statistics relating to Nepal's development to everyone.
Visit www.nepalindata.com, like us on www.facebook.com/nepal in data or follow us on www.twitter.com/nepalindata